The System, A Paul Mitchell Partner School, offers an industry-leading cosmetology program that features design, cutting, coloring, multicultural techniques, makeup, fashion trends, manicuring, pedicuring, basic facials, and the art of hairdressing. In a three-phase program we call Core, Adaptive, and Creative, we will polish your talents and prepare you for the brilliant future you've always desired.
Learn the rules!
In this introductory course, you'll learn the core foundations that will let you confidently begin working on guests, and your Learning Leaders will help you blend professional skills with personal development.These cosmetology classes are structured to first teach you the basics, giving you the opportunity to learn your own way, and then building your spirit of a cosmetology success story.
Apply the rules!
Building on the skills you learned in your Core cosmetology classes, this intermediate level teaches the value of time management, retailing, and the art of successful communication. With these industry-oriented classes, you will be able to understand the beauty world from behind-the-scenes, learning just what it takes to run your own salon.
Expand the rules!
This final phase of our cosmetology program takes you through advanced hairdressing and chemical work. During your last months and weeks toward graduation, you'll spend your time in high gear, preparing yourself for your future salon career. You will attend salon tours and career fairs, all prepping you for your glamorous life ahead.
Highlight your talents, and cut the waiting. Your career in cosmetology can start today!
Student Educational Materials
- Cutting System DVD Box Set, ISBN 978-0-9743205-2-6, $300.00
- Cutting System Cutting Cards, ISBN N/A, $10.00
- The Cutting Book, ISBN 978-0-9743205-4-0, $32.00
- Color System DVD Box Set, ISBN 978-0-9743205-1-9, $300.00
- The Coloring Book, ISBN 978-0-9743205-3-3, $26.00
- Color System Skill Cards, ISBN N/A, $14.50
- Paul Mitchell Product Guide Workbook, ISBN N/A, $2.50
- Connecting to My Future Book, ISBN 0-9743205-0-1, $19.95
- Be Nice (Or Else!) Book, ISBN-13: 978-0-974-993-99-7, $23.95
- Behind the Bottle CD, ISBN N/A $3.00
- Multiple Intelligence Letter
- Success for the Modern Salon CD, $40.00
- Service Menu Experience, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Plugged In thumb drive, Plugged In membership, and MASTERS Audio Club subscription throughout enrollment (minimum 1 year), ISBN N/A, $30.00
- 1 Color paper swatch chart
- 1 PM Shines paper swatch chart
- 1 Blonding Brochure 2012
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 Textbook, ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-5930-2 (Hardcover), $104.95
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 Theory Workbook. ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-5923-4, $44.95
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 Exam Review, ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-5921-0, $33.95
The System Springfield MO is accredited by NACCAS and uses its calculation for student placement based on each program offered. NACCAS shows that for the most recent annual reporting period that the program has a placement rate of .
On-time completion is defined by the U.S. Department of Education as anyone who graduates within the normal completion time. When a student completes their graduation requirements, including all theory and practical assignments, and the required number of clock hours contracted for within their original contracted graduation date, that student is considered to have graduated on-time. If a student delays their graduation for any reason, such as family responsibilities, day care issues, and other life events, which causes them to graduate after their original contract end date they are not considered an on-time graduate. Please note that our graduation rates that are provided in the school catalog are based on how many students started the program and how many completed within the reporting period. The on-time graduation rate is 89%.
Supplies, Kit and Tuition Costs
In order to pay for the cost of education many of our students apply for student loans through the U. S. Department of Education or privately. Student loans go into repayment after a student leaves school. The median loan debt listed refers to the amount of money the typical student owes once they have graduated from their program of study. Private Education Loan debt are loans obtained from a bank or credit union. Institutional financing is money owed directly to the school upon completion of the program.Median Loan Debt
Class Start Dates
- 6/10/2013 (daytime)
- 6/10/2013 (evening)
- 8/5/2013 (daytime)
- 9/23/2013 (daytime)
- 11/11/2013 (daytime)
- 12/2/2013 (evening)
- 1/13/2014 (daytime)
- 3/3/2014 (daytime)
- 3/24/2014 (evening)
- 4/22/2014 (daytime)
- 6/9/2014 (daytime)
- 7/14/2014 (evening)
- 8/4/2014 (daytime)
- 9/22/2014 (daytime)
- 11/10/2014 (daytime)
- 12/1/2014 (evening)
- 1/12/2015 (daytime)
- 3/2/2015 (daytime)
- 3/23/2015 (evening)
- 4/20/2015 (daytime)
- 6/8/2015 (daytime)
- 7/13/2015 (evening)
- 8/3/2015 (daytime)
- 9/21/2015 (daytime)
- 11/9/2015 (daytime)
- 12/7/2015 (evening)